Initiative For Community Intervention on Girls-child (INCOMING) : is a skills acquisition and entrepreneurial development training program that seek to promote productive employment, financial independence, sustainable income and economic empowerment for disadvantaged adolescent girls and vulnerable young women across rural communities.
Incoming: seeks to promote productive employment, financial independence, sustainable income and economic empowerment through technical, vocational and entrepreneurial skills training to disadvantaged adolescent girls and vulnerable young women in disadvantaged northern communities.
The vision of the project is built on female economic empowerment, to create and deliver limitless development opportunities for women and girls through an array of technical, vocational, and business development skills which are tailored to attract local labour market opportunities and to overcome specific local constraints.
Incoming: will directly empower 200,000 vulnerable women and adolescent girls to develop sustainable ventures and entrepreneurial skills that transform their communities from poverty-stricken to entrepreneur-vital.
1. To conduct vocational education and skills acquisition workshops that will improve income and economic opportunities for at least 20,000 disadvantaged young women every year.
2. To build the capacity of adolescent girls and young women in the development of technical and vocational skills.
3. To provide an entrepreneurship and training centre where women and girls can readily access information, tools and opportunities that foster the development of technical capacity, entrepreneurship, and business skills.
4. To facilitate professional mentoring opportunities for empowered young women in support of the establishment of at least 500 small and medium scale enterprises.
5. To provide linkages and access to economic opportunities such as job placements, prospective employers and clients, grant opportunities and credit schemes for all empowered and trained beneficiaries upon completion of the project.
6. To initiate partnerships with specific private sector companies and initiative to patronize and offer practical internship and jobs opportunities.